Thursday, May 10, 2007

5 years shes's been gone

today it's been 5 years since my mom died, I know it's true by looking at Olivia she was born just 47 days to late to see her. and thankfully, very thankfully, my heart still aches, my tears still fall, thankful? yes if they didn't I've forgotten and that I never want to be. so we started at the DR. for Gray (just a virus) B said that was fitting since she did spent a lot of time at DR's. then on to her grave, some may say it's silly to visit, for me going there is like a reset button. I go there and everything gets back in to perspective, whats really important whats just a waste of my energy. those two graves changed my life forever and sometimes you just need a "reset". well from there we did some shopping, oh she could shop, then on for hot dogs at portillos, except she ate them with tomato only no thanks, then we listened to the cubs on the radio, more shopping and ended with carsons ribs. we shared stories told liv and Gray who she really was and really thanked God for how many years he left her here with us. The day really was junky, but we did all things she loved and that was fun.I only wish she could have held all my babies and had a chance to spoil the all. she was the best grandma I think.I'm glad she was mine.



2 comments:

WML said...

What a great day of memories, and you got to spend it with your family, which was her favorite thing of all. We were so loved.

Anonymous said...

That brought tears to my eyes. How true it is that we need a 'reset' in our lives. I miss you guys. Can't wait til you guys come up here!