Sunday, October 12, 2008

so long for now

while we were at the marathon today the greatest man I ever known went home to see his Savior. The man who took in 3 kids after his were all grown, taught me to ride a bike, took me to my first cubs game, walked me down the isle at my wedding, held his first greatgranchild with hands so big they covered all of Brixtons body, cryed as he said "don't take those babies away from me" when we talked about moving out, ate Popsicles with my kids, but most of all taught what an all out follower of Christ looks like. I loved him like a dad but was lucky enough to have him as my granddad. Reginald Daniel Christiansen- the greatest man I've ever known has joined so many that we love who are already already in Heaven

2 comments:

WML said...

Oh, Tam. These are the first real tears I have cried...

condapfour said...

wonderfully said tammy. you made me cry too.